20/3/99SHOCK RESIGNATION Today saw, not only a dismal match for Newry against Linfield(2-1) but also the shock resignation of the two Newry managers, Ollie Ralph and Harry Fay. They broke the news just minutes after the match ended. In an interview, Ollie Ralph commented, "..we were just totally worn out". He also added (in relation to Joe Rice and Trevor Anderson's feelings), "Those boys are totally appreciative of our position and they know where we are coming from, they know our feelings. There is no animosity what so ever." When asked of the possibility of Trevor Anderson taking over he replied, "He has been more of a help to our staff, but I think Trevor's managerial days are over, to be honest!" Now the search is on to find a new manager for Newry Town.

20/3/99Town Slip At this crutial stage of the season, Newry have so-far failed to proove themselves with their mid-week draw with Omagh Town and today's defeat by second placed Linfield. Two goal from Linfield's Furguson overpowered the Newry defence as the team could only salvage one goal back after a great through ball from Larkin to Rutherford was crossed into the box and chested into the net by Trevor Smith who was subsequently shown the red card for talking back to the referee. Final score, Newry 1-2 Linfield.

13/2/99Major blow leaves Newry with an upHill struggle Portadown proved themselves a premiership outfit this week despite transfer listing three of their top players. The opening goal for the Ports came after 35 minutes from Philip Major and the second, a 25 yard lob, only nine minutes later from Dwyer Hill.
A 30-yard strike from Alan Hall in the second half wasn't enough to save face.
NEWRY; McKewon, Drake, Scappaticci (Larkin 63), McDonnell, McLean, Kenny, Tumilty, Hall, Shiels (Martin 85), Gorman (Kane 68), Rutherford

9/2/99Mid Ulster Exit The Town exited the mid-ulster cup in a disappointing 2-0 defeat by Glenavon.

6/2/99 Super strike from Deadly Des Dessie Gorman once again proved his worth as he clinched the winning goal in today's match against Cliftonville. With Stranney injured Kevin McKeown had to step in, and step in he did in style. After a scoreless first half, the 'Hawk' was given an inch perfect pass by fellow player Gary Peebles and then side-stepped a Cliftonville defender before letting fly a gem of a shot from 25 yards into the top corner leaving the Cliftonville keeper no chance. Final result Newry 1-0 Cliftonville.

6/2/99 Suspension Alan Byrne today was given a four match suspension due to an abundance of yellow cards.

6/2/99 Minutes Silence At today's match against Cliftonville, a minutes silence was observed as a mark of respect for John Kenny's father who passed away last night. To the Kenny family we offer our deepest sympathy.

30/1/99 No score draw Newry played Ballymena today in a scrappy fairly uneventful match. Despite a few good Newry runs, nothing could be salvaged. Both teams share the points as the end result was nil-nil.

23/1/99 Draw with Crusaders In a Newry dominant Bass Irish Cup game today, a draw seemed a very unlucky result. The 30th minute goal by Crawford McCray only made Newry more determined. After many excellent John Kenny runs and shots, one of the set ups followed through as the ball landed at Sammy Shiels who rounded two Crus men to strike home in the 49th minute. The replay will be on Tuesday night.

16/1/99 Victory The Town today came out of the sleet and snow with three points today after a one nil win over Coleraine. In freezing temperatures Coleraine battled but to no avail, creating many chances they failed to get onto the score-sheet. But Newry the hunt in the 32nd minute when Newry's Mark Rutherford supplied a powerful cross which was met by the Hawk who pounced on goalkeeper Lamont with a terrific header. Final result Newry Town 1-0 Coleraine.

16/1/99 Good Luck Chris Newry star Chris Coffey moved to Larne on Friday. He is on a two month loan.